Thursday, July 12, 2012

Simba's New Hobby: The Exterminator



Is that a fly on the window?
Simba, our dear furry child, has completely adapted to life overseas. He enjoys his days by feeling the breeze through the windows, begging his parents for more food, and for extra protein, he enjoys catching all of the spiders and flies that get into our apartment. His latest two attempts were today.

This afternoon I heard a cry coming from Simba and Abby's room. I walked in to find Simba crying at a fly out of his reach. He awkwardly jumped at it, and sadly missed. This evening as Abby and I were enjoying dinner outside on the patio, I heard a noise. Simba had just ran into the door with his face while trying to catch a fly. Seconds later, he jumped three feet off the ground and caught it. He won't be hungry tonight.

Now you may ask, why so many bugs in our apartment? I ask the same question. However, we do live in a half basement, and basements are more prone to bug invasion. We also leave the wood shutters down during the day with cracks in them so that a breeze gets through. There are no screens, so this is another reason. Our land lady also likes to open the cellar door to our basement. This is another avenue of entry. Many of you know that I have a large fear of spiders, but thankfully I don't have to worry about that anymore since we live with an exterminator.

In other cat news, Simba has taken several trips lately. In June he spent two weeks at the cat pension, a two-story apartment for cats to stay at while their owners are on vacation. He was not so happy after spending two weeks away and seemed a little more aggressive when we returned home. He returned to the pension last week, before we went to Switzerland, and he had a wonderful experience this time! He made a friend! When Derek went to pick him up on Monday, Simba rubbed noises with his furry friend before getting into his suitcase to come home. He has been so sweet since returning from the pension. I sure am a proud momma.

Hey guys!
Simba is also no longer intimidated by the old fart of a dog that lives upstairs and barks at strange hours of the night. I think he would bark back if he could. Last night Simba woke Derek and I up at 3:00 am by trying to cough up a hairball. I woke up and thought there was a loud machine outside, but it was just our little guy trying to feel better.

I suppose that's all for a Simba update. More to come later!


Life's more fun up-side-down


Just a little snooze on the chair cushions

No one can see me!

But Daddy, I don't want to take a nap!

Ok, so what's for dinner Dad? This fridge is pretty empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it with me!